Thursday, October 1, 2009

Project 1 - Brochure





Above is my first project for Computer Graphics - a brochure about Philip Johnson.
Although I began with only black and white images of Philip, they were not of good quality and made the brochure look rather drab. After numerous searches online, I finally found photos that would work. They had to be of high resolution to work on the printed page.
With some help from my professor and photoshop (which will be our next project), the cover came out pretty well. By adding blue and speckle to the photo, and lightening the subject, the terrible picture was rescued for use in the brochure.
The heading font I used was Helvetica Bold. The body text is Palatino, a more modern font for a more modern designer.
In all it was a project that allowed me to work in Quark and get acquainted with what it can do.



No comments:

Post a Comment