Thursday, October 1, 2009

Piccells (inflatable furniture)




Winning fifth prize in the International Design Award, this inflatable furniture by Igor Lobanov was found on Core77's website. It represents and interconnected structure of cells and the shape can be changed based on what cells are inflated. It can also serve as a small coffee table.
I have never seen anything like this before and I wonder just how comfortable this would be to sit on. Air mattresses have always been very uncomfortable to me and I can't imagine this would be much better.
On the plus, though, it can be changed to fit your needs creating individuality and appealing to a wider market. I guess I would have to try it out to be sold on the idea.
The look and texture of it remind me of the rock formations in Zion National Park. As I drove through with my family, we could not resist stopping the car and touching the rocks because they looked so cool.
I guess it's a good thing this furniture (or the rocks) are not breakable...I definitely would not obey any look don't touch rules on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment